Thursday, October 20, 2011

" On Pain "

“Pain is one of the keys to unlock man’s innermost being as well as the world.”
The way I understand and interpret this passage is that by experiencing pain, a person can learn about their inner self and their surrounding which can be lead to suffering and at times deception of life. The person you become today is the total outcome of the accumulation of experiences, pain, and suffering. After experiencing pain a person can become a stronger individual emotionally, smarter and wiser when making personal decisions. This passage can be related to Prof. Roth in “The Blue Angel” in where Prof Roth experienced pain when he found out that his beloved wife was being seduced by other men. After experiencing the pain of witnessing his wife’s behavior, it leashed out his innermost feelings of pain and anger towards her and the situation. This can also be related to Siddhartha as he experienced pain and deception of life and his believes which lead him to follow his inner most feeling of going towards the river to find peace and tranquility.  I chose this passage because I can connect with the message. I have learned about myself thru pain and learned to understand others and my surroundings. I have realized that thru pain I have gained self confidence, knowledge, and the ability to solve problems that were out of my reach. 

1 comment:

  1. Can you please change the font color because it's kind of hard to see, and I'm interested in reading what you wrote.

    ReplyDelete